Thursday, August 15, 2013

Drawing a few conclusions...

So I've been doing this "Low Carb" thing now for about a month now. And formulating a new shampoo product, running my Ebay business and taking care of my two little babies... yikes it's been a busy month. Anyhow, just want to report upon a few observations I've made along the way.

First of all, my sugar cravings have just about left the building. Two weeks ago in I was ready to rip lollipops out of the hands of babes and now I can sit comfortably in front of a basket of candy without too much desire. Oh... the desire still faintly lingers, but it has definitely changed into a take it or leave it type of thing. I actually had a piece of cake with gooey, sugary icing in front of me the other day and I although it looked delicious, I barely could stomach more than a taste. Odd stuff... especially from a girl that could and WOULD eat an entire bag of Jelly Belly's in one sitting.

Secondly, I'm proud to report that I have lost additional weight. More weight and in less time than I did with P90X. I stopped the daily exercise and now maybe just run or bike 2 times /week, if I'm lucky. However, somehow in the past month, I have lost 5 pounds. Chalk it up to low-carb eating (maybe?) - it feels odd to have lost weight when I am eating cheese, bacon and sausage without abandon. But, what else can it be?

Another benefit - a really flat stomach! Since eating a low carb diet, I've really noticed that I've had no stomach bloating at all. My stomach as been bloat-free and extremely flat. Even at that womanly time of the month. Not something I expected from this diet, but a very welcome bonus.

Just to summarize... at one month into the low-carb eating plan, I've had decreased desire for sugar, fairly significant weight loss (especially for someone not trying to lose) and no stomach bloat. Hmmm... not too shabby of results. I may just turn into a low-carb believer after all. (Don't tell my dietitian cohorts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment